A PE Company had rolled up four North American light manufacturing companies via acquisition and was preparing to exit the investment. The PE firm correctly recognized there were additional synergy opportunities available in further integration of the entities.
The PE firm needed to define a clear plan to realize these synergies that could be presented to potential buyers of the business in order to factor this into enterprise value for the sale process.
(1) Advise and assist executives across all functions to define potential synergies in production, warehousing, supply chain, finance, customer service and information technology functions.
(2) Quantify the costs and benefits of each potential synergy identified.
(3) Create implementation plans and timing for each identified synergy, including the people in the organization who were prepared to lead them.
(1) Quantified ~$10M of realizable EBITDA synergies, in addition to millions of dollars in one-time synergies.
(2) Made documented action plans, ready for execution by existing management, available to potential buyers of the business in order to equip them to rapidly extract the maximum value from their acquisition.
- Date: 2017
- Categories: Case Studies