A diversified multinational manufacturing company wanted to increase its growth via acquisitions, while avoiding value dilution.
They needed expert guidance to evaluate potential acquisition targets, create and evaluate business plans for what they could achieve if they successfully acquired these companies, ensure no unexpected risks would derail the value of the deals, structure the deals in a way that maximized value and negotiate merger agreements that would enable them to realize the expected gains while minimizing potential risks.
(1) Working with business executives, create models to value potential acquisitions, including expected growth and cost synergies.
(2) Working with functional experts, perform due diligence on the potential acquisition targets to uncover potential risks, opportunities and synergies.
(3) Work with Legal, Tax and Finance to design optimal transaction structure.
(4) Assist with negotiation strategy to realize successful accretive transactions.
(1) Successfully consummated more than two dozen acquisitions (and several divestitures), with enterprise values from <$10 to >$800M.
(2) Put integration plans and teams in place to execute 30/60/90 day plans immediate after transaction close to achieve the expected deal synergies.
(3) Identified risks and issues in time to be managed with appropriate transaction structure and agreement provisions.
- Date: 2017
- Categories: Case Studies