An aluminum company with a smelter and rolling mill in a developing economy was experiencing severe financial stress that threatened the sustainability of the enterprise.
The company needed assistance to restructure both their financial situation and to modernize their operating practices for greater profitability.
(1) Evaluated the company’s financial situation and various alternatives to improve the capital structure of the business.
(2) Evaluated the company’s staff and their strengths and weaknesses.
(3) Evaluated the company’s production and maintenance operations in terms of productivity, quality, on-time delivery and safety.
(4) Evaluated the company’s business processes for improvement opportunities.
(1) Proposed several options to recapitalize the company to ensure its sustainability, including the pros and cons of each.
(2) Proposed a restructuring of the organization to better align skills with needs.
(3) Proposed revisions to the company’s vision, operating metrics and business processes to improve performance and alignment around key goals.
- Date: 2017
- Categories: Case Studies