On December 8th, 2016, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, presented the morning sessions for the S&P Global Platts “How the Aluminum Market Works” online webinar. Mr. Eagle presented the “Introduction”, “Production and Fabrication of Aluminum, Upstream” and “Downstream Production and Fabrication”
On September 16, 2016, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, concluded the services he was providing to Venetia Partners (formerly Venetia Systems).
On May 23, 2016, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, presented at the S&P Global Platts “How the Aluminum Market Works” seminar in Nashville, Tennessee. Mr. Eagle presented the “Production and Fabrication, Part I” and “Production and Fabrication, Part II” sessions.
On May 31, 2015, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, joined Venetia Systems to provide Program Management Office services for their clients.
On May 5, 2015, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, presented at the Platts “How the Aluminum Market Works” seminar in Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Eagle presented the “Production and Fabrication, Part I” and “Production and Fabrication, Part II” sessions.
On April 28, 2015, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, presented the results of his assessment to Det.Al Holding with respect to their aluminum plant in Ganja. He made recommendations to strengthen the company after reviewing their systems and processes related to personnel and organizational structure, sales, equipment and technology, production and maintenance, quality, SHE, finance, procurement and logistics.
Based on his analysis, Bryan presented recommendations for improving the profitability, quality and safety of the company’s operations as well as options to strategically restructure the company for greater financial stability going forward.
On January 26, 2015, Eagle Consultancy International entered into an agreement with Det.Al Holding to provide consultancy services to their aluminum smelter and fabrication operations in Ganja, Azerbaijan.
The scope of the assessment includes a detailed assessment of the company’s organization, operations, business processes and financial structure. To achieve this scope, Bryan Eagle will travel on site over several months to assess the company’s strategy and market position, its financial position and ways to strengthen it, and potential improvements in its operations that will improve profitability, quality and safety performance.
Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, stated: “We are excited to partner with a progressive organization like Det.Al Holding, who recognizes the untapped potential of their operations and has a desire to create a world class aluminum manufacturing industry in Azerbaijan as a strategic step toward diversifying the economy of their rapidly modernizing country.”
On May 5, 2014, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, presented at the Platts “How the Aluminum Market Works” seminar in Chicoutini, Quebec. Mr. Eagle presented the “Introduction” and “Production and Fabrication” sessions.
On October 29, 2013, Bryan Eagle, Managing Partner of ECI, presented at the Platts “How the Aluminum Market Works” seminar in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Eagle presented the afternoon sessions on “Aluminum Production Processes” and “The Economics of Raw Materials and Making Aluminum.”
“Effective leaders help others to understand the necessity of change and to accept a common vision of the desired outcome.” – John Kotter
Happy New Year! Let me start by wishing you a healthy, joyful and successful year in 2016.
It is common to make resolutions for improvement upon the start of each new year, so let’s consider some resolutions we can make for our businesses this year. As mentioned in the quote from management guru John Kotter above, there are two elements of the necessity of change: (1) understanding the necessity of change and (2) accepting a common vision of the desired outcome.
For the first point, the market is the best teacher. As W. Edwards Deming once said, “It is not necessary to change, survival is not mandatory.” So let’s take the need for change as a given and focus today on resolutions to create an outcome of performance excellence.
Let us use the Eagle Consultancy International model for Sustainable Wealth Creation to formulate our top ten resolutions for transformation of our organizations toward excellence this year – Principles + Practices = Performance.
In 2016, we resolve to:
- Ensure our values are congruent with our organizational mission, well known by all associates in the organization, and consistently followed in practice (Principle)
- Commit to servant leadership, remembering that leaders are to serve and enable the success of their associates (Principle)
- Look at failures as learning opportunities, choosing to look at situations with a continuous improvement mindset instead of looking for somewhere to affix blame (Principle)
- Utilize the strengths of all the associates in the organization, adapting their role to maximize their contribution and engagement (Practice)
- Establish key performance indicators to monitor progress on each of the critical few organizational goals and ensure that progress is widely communicated daily throughout the organization (Practice)
- Find and eliminate the root cause(s) of one risk of accident or injury each month (Practice)
- Find and eliminate the root cause(s) of one product nonconformity each month (Practice)
- Find and eliminate the root cause(s) of one equipment failure each month (Practice)
- Standardize one business process each month, with: responsibilities and document flow defined, clear standards of timeliness, inputs and outputs required, and quality standards (Practice)
- Make a point to thank at least one associate every day for specific actions that reinforce your organization’s vision and values (Practice)
I know if we can keep these resolutions in our mind, our organizations will have a successful and prosperous 2016! I am at your service to discuss how ECI can help you implement these resolutions.
What other resolutions do you have for your professional life in 2016? Leave a comment to this post!